Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Update


It has been a very busy few weeks. The first update is the new puppy the joined the family in early June. Caitlin bought this adorable goldendoodle from a breeder near Yakima. After a few different names (Molly, Lucy, etc.) she stuck with the name Maisy. It seems to fit her pretty well. Maisy's has a wonderful personality. She is very calm, loves to play and loves to be outside with our dog Cassy. She has no problem being in the yard by herself! It's been really fun to have a puppy around.




Kent has wanted a motorcycle for years and I finally caved in... I know, right before baby comes (not smart on my part). I think this helps him feel "freedom" with the huge change to our family coming in the next two months. I believe it's a 1984 Honda Nighthawk.

VANDALS! I had to say goodbye last week to all my students in Leavenworth. It was exciting for them to be getting out of school but sad because next year will be different for them. The students were allowed to be part of the hiring process which was eye-opening for them. I was very happy that they hired Skylar Garcia as the new band teacher. He is a resident of Cashmere who has his Masters from WSU. I hope the students have a wonderful time with him next year.


We haven't spent too much time in our backyard, but it does look pretty nice. The roses are blooming and the cherries taste WONDERFUL.

For the very first year it looks like we will have some grapes! I can't remember the variety, but they are golden seedless grapes that are great for eating and making raisins! I can't wait!