So much has happened lately, that I'm going to add a few photos at a time. The first part of our Christmas break included a drive to Seattle to visit our family there. Tom, Kerry, Leah and Ben were so much fun to visit with and let us camp out for two days.
Life in Seattle was pretty crazy because of the huge amount of snow that was falling. Never thought I'd see xc skiing down the streets of Seattle! I hear that Seattle owns six snow plows, so you can't expect much! Kent is good at driving in those conditions so we felt like we were in good hands. We did a little shopping at REI and Northgate Mall getting ready for Christmas.

The day before we were scheduled to fly out of Seattle all of the flights were cancelled. We were praying that our flight would make it out the following day so that we could see our family for Christmas in Alaska. I haven't been home for four years and haven't had an Alaskan Christmas for seven years. There was the LONGEST line to check in at the airport. We felt so bad looking at all the stranded passengers who had spent the night there. Up ahead we noticed Alaskan Senator Ted Stevens. In 1999 I was an intern at the capital for Senator Stevens, but I didn't want to bother him (see him in front of us in the photo below).

Below is a photo of Brooke's first plane ride! She was pretty well behaved on the plane. We spent a lot of time in the back of the plane rocking and dancing on the changing table in the small bathroom staring and talking to the mirror! I'd do whatever I could to keep her happy!

After a quick turn-around in Juneau we headed back to Petersburg. Below is a photo of home-sweet-home.


The day before we were scheduled to fly out of Seattle all of the flights were cancelled. We were praying that our flight would make it out the following day so that we could see our family for Christmas in Alaska. I haven't been home for four years and haven't had an Alaskan Christmas for seven years. There was the LONGEST line to check in at the airport. We felt so bad looking at all the stranded passengers who had spent the night there. Up ahead we noticed Alaskan Senator Ted Stevens. In 1999 I was an intern at the capital for Senator Stevens, but I didn't want to bother him (see him in front of us in the photo below).

Below is a photo of Brooke's first plane ride! She was pretty well behaved on the plane. We spent a lot of time in the back of the plane rocking and dancing on the changing table in the small bathroom staring and talking to the mirror! I'd do whatever I could to keep her happy!

After a quick turn-around in Juneau we headed back to Petersburg. Below is a photo of home-sweet-home.

No comments:
Post a Comment