Saturday, August 15, 2009

D.C. at Night

We spotted a free concert of "The President's Own" Marine Band on Thursday so we got on the metro and made our way to the grassy lawn beside the Washington Monument.

Kent and I enjoyed their selections especially their first piece Concord. I especially enjoyed hearing the great horn solo followed by a horn duet.


You never know what you might see when in D.C.. Right above us, President Obama flew in Marine One right by the Washington Monument to the White House!





I love D.C. at night!


On the last evening we walked all the way to the hotel from the Mall. We wanted to stop by the White House to hopefully get a glimpse of something interesting or pet the President's dog... that didn't happen this time! The evening before, Dad, Jennifer, Shaelynn and Taylor were at the White House and saw a security guard bring Bo outside. The dog ran up to the tourists at the gate and the crowd went wild! How fun!

No comments: