Monday, November 9, 2009

15 Months Old


How would I describe our 15 month old? Energetic, snugly, sweet, helpful, and investigative. Brooke's light blond hair is coming in strong in the back and slowly on top. She has four teeth on top, four on bottom and a molar on the back right. She walks, runs, stomps, dances, conducts, and climbs. She moves fast so you always have to keep an eye on her and try and keep up!

As a younger baby I thought she would have an aggressive personality but as time has passed, she is actually very gentle with other children and animals. In new places with new people she is shy and quiet only warming up to certain people. She raises her shoulder and feels safe holding on to her mom.

She has these special treat containers that keep the food from spilling everywhere, but her new trick is to take a handful and "accidentally" drop it on the floor. When this happens magically a dog appears! She loves to feed the dogs and share her treats.

I believe she has the gift of gab. She is constantly naming things by holding them up in the air and saying what they are. Her new favorite word is "eee-uuu" for "shoe". I think her vocabulary has reached around 35 words which is so much fun!

Baby dolls are one of her favorite toys. She has started to use her imagination in play which is fascinating to see. She places her doll in the rocking chair and pushes back and forth. Most of the play with the baby dolls is encouraged by us. We will ask her to feed, read to, kiss and hug the baby and she will do it. It's super cute to see!

Brooke takes one nap a day for two hours which is really nice because I need an hour and half nap too! The one thing I am so thankful for is the fact that she LOVES to go to bed at night. She sometimes runs to her crib at 7pm and says "ni-ni". I lay her down and she is QUIET! This doesn't mean she doesn't wake me up once and sometimes twice during the night with her crying.

Tomorrow we go to the doctor to find her weight and height and all that fun stuff. I'll be sure to report those later! Until then, I think I have given you a good glimpse into this little girl's life.

2 comments:

Emily, Bob, Etta & Mae said...

So fun! Brooke is SO adorable! I hope and pray that our girls can grow up "together" and enjoy friendship, music and all of lifes other pleasures!

Lindsi, Erik, Payton and Madelyn said...

Payton has a baby too! He mainly sleeps with it, but will sneak in kisses when he thinks no one's looking :) I really hope it helps him transition when baby sister gets here!! I'm trying to prepare him...but I think he doesn't have a clue why I'm telling him baby sister is in my tummy ;D