Brooke, Brooke, Brooke... what would we do without our little ball of fire! She's small and feisty, smart and witty. I just love her to pieces! I wanted to write a few things down that are simple and maybe not interesting to you all... but these are the simple everyday things I want to look back and remember about Brooke and our cherished time together. Let's just call this one a journal entry.
At the library on Wednesday I looked like a very incompetent mother as I carried Oliver around with NO clothing. His blowout while I was picking out books was a little too major to cover up until we got home! All the kids stared at him like he was some kind of monster (maybe it was the many rolls!). Once we got home Brooke couldn't wait to read ALL of the new books. Little did I know, but three of the ten books were about being scared. The characters learn lessons and become brave, but I think she's still a little too young to get the moral of the story. She loved the book called "Little Quack" because the ducklings tell their mother, "No Mama, no! I'm too scared!" She laughed and thought this was great. At bath time I asked her to pull the plug and she repeated, "No Mama! I'm too scared!". Oh boy. She also says (while tightening her arms making fists and a shivery looking face), "Bulldog, SCAAAARY". She was very traumatized by the Cashmere Bulldog mascot at the football game four weeks ago. As we walk the streets of Cashmere she has located every bulldog sign, painting and bumper sticker and reminded me of that scary encounter at the football game. Funny girl.
We have started to pray the little "Now I Lay Me Down to Sleep" prayer and then I always ask her who she wants to pray for. After her Kettle Falls grandparents visited she prayed for them AND Sadie (their dog). Today it was for Riley and "Riley's Mama". Brooke and Riley are visiting each others houses on a few days of the month to give their mama's some special work/free time! Brooke looked at a photo of her friend Riley and her in the wagon and said her longest sentence (that I can remember), "Brooke and Riley, wagon ride, to park."
As we read books tonight, I held Oliver and he just reached for Brooke's sippy cup. He wanted it more than anything! He also wanted to get Brooke. She laughs and thinks it's great. Never complains, just gets out of the way when she's had enough. Brooke calls Oliver "Auber" and I just love it. She often says "Auber LEE!!!" Sometimes I call him Auber too, often by mistake but sometimes not.
Tonight we were at the playground and Brooke yelled every time a student and parent walked to the school (for open house), "More kids! Kids coming!". She noticed the sunset for the very first time. She all of a sudden pointed to the sky and said, "PINK SKY! Pink clouds!" I'm not sure why I loved this so much... it was just so precious and memorable.
If you made it to the end, you probably know more than you want or need to. But I'm allowed to ramble on and on, because this is MY blog! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment