| Brooke and her Backyardigans |
So, one of the main reasons behind my poor updating on the blog has been the lack of time I have spent on our main computer! I have been keeping updated on things via ipod. My little handheld device has photo and video, so it's easy to stick it in your pocket and capture quick (not that great quality) photos. Then, I forget to get them on the computer so I end up with a big random blog post like today's. Sorry!
I submitted lots of clothing and a few extras to the county fair. I won "Best in Class" for my fun pink and green outfit!
I wasn't sure how well my sewing and knitting skills were, so it was fun to hear the nice comments on all my projects. Every project got a "1st Place". Yeah!
Brooke and the pretty flowers at Smallwoods.
We discovered a u-pick orchard near Cashmere and went there on a weekly basis! Nectarines, pears, apples, peaches and grapes!
So many "firsts" for me at the orchard. It is so much fun to pick fruit right off the tree!
As I mentioned in previous posts, Grandma Carol was here most of the summer. Most of our morning activities usually last a few hours, but do not extend to nap time... so that's where Grandma helped out! It was so nice to stop by Caitlin's house for a change of pace and a breather for me! I'm pretty tired today, my second day without Grandma Carol!
We took Brooke and Oliver to Kid's Day at our local hockey rink. They LOVED it! The lights, the spectacle, the music, the kids, and the free over sized tshirts, it was all great!
Brooke still chants, "Let's go WILD!".
The kids dressed up for the kids parade in Leavenworth. We handed out information about our local MOPS group. Then we watched the bands, drill teams, and princesses on decorated floats and they marched past us in the grand parade. The kids loved it! They both sat on the sidewalk clapping and dancing to the music and waving to the princesses!
Brooke was a fairy princess ballerina.
Back to the orchard AGAIN! This time with best friend Riley!
Our town is really starting to become a destination with it's businesses. A group of us knitters met at the local drinkery for some knitting and beer. It was a good time!
Now that Caitlin is in Seattle often and Grandma Carol is back to Alaska, I'm looking for morning extending activities. Brooke had a great time having lunch with Daddy and then playing the marimba along with the 7th grade band!
Oliver (little stubborn boy) ended up conducting with Daddy because I kicked him out of the marimba playing. He insisted on playing the wood marimba with the very hard bell mallets and WOULD NOT GIVE IN. So, no more marimba playing for Oliver until he can behave!
2 comments:
Those dresses are ADORABLE!! You totally deserved first place :-)
Are those fireman boots that Brooke has on? Etta has a pair and LOVES them!! Looks like you guys are having lots of fun!
Post a Comment