Thursday, September 6, 2012

Happy Birthday Brooke!


What can I say about our darling little girl!?!  She has the sweetest personality, is very kind to others, is tender, creative and smart.  She loves telling stories and often asks me to repeat a story several times so she can soak it in and then repeat it to others.  Brooke is a natural teacher, especially noticeable when she is playing with her brother. 

We have been having "preschool" at our house in the afternoons.  Worksheets, cutting, gluing, etc.  She loves it.  Brooke has always been interested in letters, she knows their sounds and can write many of them.  She recently began sounding out three letter words.  It's so exciting to see her love of reading.  Later this month she will start Suzuki violin lessons. It's amazing to see her soak up music. In the car we will look back and see her "thinking eyes" while she concentrates on what she hears. She often can remember a melody way better than Kent and I!

A little story about Brooke's birthday... Brooke turned four on the ninth of August.  We didn't celebrate until the next day.  She continued to tell us that she was NOT four. The moment AFTER her birthday party she came up to us and said, "Now I am four!"  I guess you have to have a birthday PARTY to get a year older.  So maybe I can stay 30 since I didn't have a party this year?!


Brooke is a fan of The Muppets.  She loves to listen to their songs on Pandora.  Animal is her favorite character (the wild drummer)!  But, I was not too sure about creating an "Animal" cake for a four year old girl's birthday party!




Brooke had three good friends at her party along with Kettle Falls Grandparents and Alaskan Grandma, and don't forget Auntie Caitlin!


The kids played in the yard, even picking some carrots.  I guess it was good to balance out that cake and icecream!

Her birthday was followed by vacation bible school which was a huge success.  Brooke loved the singing, parachute, crafts, making boats, and she was the first person down the slip-and-slide!

No comments: