Thursday, January 3, 2013

Yummy Pancake Recipe

This is the first post I have made with my iPad!

As a stay-at-home Mom, feeding our kids all day long us a huge part of my job. I'm always trying to find ways to serve something they like which is also healthy. That is not always an easy task! Brooke and Oliver LOVE breakfast. So, it's a perfect opportunity to make a healthy meal. Here is my pancake recipe that has no added sugar, no white flour, and no butter or oil. The pancakes are so moist and sweet that my kids forget to ask for syrup! I have not experimented with alternative flours, but I'm sure almond flour would work just fine!

Annie's Healthified Pancakes

Mix dry ingredients:
1 c. Whole wheat flour
2 t. Baking powder
1/4 t. Salt

Mix wet ingredients:
2 Ripe bananas
2 T. Applesauce
1 c. Milk
1 Egg beaten

Add dry ingredients to wet and mix until combined. Cook pancakes on griddle. Enjoy!

No comments: