Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Inside Day

Both kids have come down with colds.  First coughs, now runny noses.  We leave for California in six days so I'm seriously trying to get these kids well in time for our vacation!

So I planned an inside crafty day for them.  First was homemade bath paint which was fun.  Followed by lots of bubbles.  There is nothing more fun than a long morning bath!







Oliver loves the bath.  He got a little worried about the "fuzzies" on his hands and feet (wrinkles).


Later on we headed for the dining room table for some necklace making.  Brooke is getting so much better at her fine motor skills.


While Brooke was making a nice piece of jewelry, Oliver filled his cup at the refrigerator dispenser and spilled five times... yeah.


Oh yeah, then we did play-doh and next was crowns!  This is not our average day!


Then painting!  These are so great for beginning painters.  The paint is above each picture and it works pretty well.  It was so much fun to have the energy to enjoy the kids today.  We have been so tired in the evenings that we have been going to bed around 9-9:30 (I'm usually 10:30-11).  What a difference it makes!  The kids are now climbing on the guest bed and I'm enjoying a little break!