Saturday, September 19, 2015

Camping Trip


For the last five years I have been wanting to go to the coast, so we finally made a trip this August. Kalaloch ("Clay-loch") on the Olympic Peninsula was our first camping spot. It's a six hour drive, but so worth it! I could have camped there for a week!


Can you tell this girl LOVES her dad?!



It was so much fun taking photographs on the beach! I'm posting a ton of pictures on this post because I can't pick just a few!






You can't tell, but Oliver is whining at this point... wanting to go back to the woods.  He didn't care much for the beach. He could play in the woods ALL DAY LONG.


Maisy came with us and did pretty well!







We had a few meltdowns from broken treasures, especially when the almost perfect sand dollars broke. But it was a good lesson in caring for fragile items!


So many ferns... love them.


Their bums and that tree just cracked me up!  I couldn't help but take a picture!



Happy boy! He makes camping with a one year old so easy!


Great campsites.


It wasn't until a little after I took this photo that I found out that the bird in the middle only has one leg. I thought it was just hiding one like other birds do.  But we saw it hopping around! Resilient little thing!


Kent was crossing the creek with baby stroller and Maisy. He thought he had it all under control until the very last step!



This is how we walked the beaches!



Aren't beach sunsets the best?!


No comments: