Thursday, November 6, 2008

Little Miss Bright Eyes


We can't believe Brooke is almost three months old! For the last two nights she has been such a good sleeper with 6-7 hours in a row and then down for another 2 1/2 or 3. Last week she was up every 2-3 hours so it really varies.



Brooke is holding up her head very well now. She has found her fingers and loves to suck on them. She now responds to "peek-a-boo". When she hears a voice in the distance she turns her head around to see who it is. Another development is the chewing and slobbering over my fingers. Even though it's early, I wonder if she's teething. She has moments of colic which are usually in the evening when her dad gets home. She wants to be walked around, no sitting down and relaxing! The last week she has been really happy which has been a good breather and a great time for Kent to enjoy playing with her. I'm getting better at watching for the sleepy cues (rubbing eyes and fussiness) so that has been helpful. When she's not hungry, sleepy, uncomfortable she is a happy baby who loves to smile back at a smiling face or even a tongue sticking out.


Finally we had a completely free day yesterday so we were able to take a bath (she pooped in the little baby bathtub so we ended up using the big one!), get all dressed up in a cute dress and go visit the Cashmere Middle School office ladies (who absolutely love her) and visit the dentist receptionist who wanted to meet her, and finally walk about 1/2 mile to Martin's Marketplace to get two ingredients for dinner. That was pretty much our day, but it was a nice one! Today it's raining outside and I'm still in my pajamas... I teach at the middle school today so I'll have to get looking good sooner or later!



I had to get one last shot at Brooke in her Halloween costume before it goes into storage! She actually liked the feathers this time!



Who me!?

No comments: