Sunday, October 25, 2009

Maiden Voyage


Brooke has had hundreds of "firsts" in her first 14 months, but this one was a "first" for all of us! We took our new trailer down the road near Leavenworth for our first trailer camping experience as a family. Everything went so smoothly at the start, we laughed at all the horror stories we heard from people about their first trailer experience... that wouldn't happen to us!



Two of our friends camped in the same campground. We made spaghetti dinner together and pumpkin pancakes with bacon the second day. It was lots of fun to camp with friends.


Brooke was pretty content playing around the campsite. She loved the rocks, hugging Cassy and trying to "help" daddy around the camper.



Here we are before we went out on a hike.




Brooke and Mommy taking a break on the hike. So I was having such a wonderful time at the start of the trip saying this was luxury compared to tent camping! Around 6pm I started to feel cold and told Kent to check things out. We soon realized that the battery was not working. No heat! Luckily we spent most of the evening in our friends' trailer. Once back to our "home" for the night we boiled water to try and heat up the place. We had Brooke sleep in between us with a hat and sweater on to keep her warm. She woke up every two hours screaming (where am I and why is it so darn cold!?!). Finally after rocking her to sleep twice around 2:30am she fell asleep until 7am. We woke up to 40 degrees in our camper. It was a challenging night, but I'm sure the future will be brighter... and warmer!




Near the campsite... I loved the colors!


Here's Brooke's big girl friends! They just LOVE Brooke and are the best at playing and caring for her.

No comments: