Brooke's communication skills are improving every day. She uses a lot of signs and words to tell us what she wants, but often she reverts to, "aahhh! aahhhh!" as you see in the video above. We are working on giving her age appropriate ways to tell us what she wants other than shrieking. I think it's getting better, but who knows!
I was absolutely amazed the other morning at how well she was communicating with us. She walked right over to where we keep the bread and said, "beh, beh". Then walked to her booster, showing us that she was hungry. After breakfast she walked over to her books, picked one up and said, "boo". Patted the couch and said, "up". I can't believe how much my little girl is changing!
Brooke stopped nursing at 14 months and became attached to sippy cups. If we let her, she would carry it around all day long. Because she loves sitting down in her own sized chair (steps and curbs are the perfect size) I am trying to create a snack zone for her. We are on day three of sitting at the step in the kitchen to drink our milk or have a cracker. Every time she pushes the boundaries, but today she finished her snack and then got up... a small victory!
Kent was so excited to bring home a dump truck for Brooke one afternoon. Because the truck moves on it's own she is scared of it. At least the hard hat is getting some use!
She LOVES her daddy! She always spots his photo on the fridge and I hear, "Dada" all afternoon!
2 comments:
Glad that the communication is going better. Etta has gone of gone the other way. She used to use her signs way more and now is going to more screaming. But I think that it is more to get our attention, as soon as I am looking at her she (usually) "asks". Glad that you are already getting some use out of the clothes! My sister-in-law is bringing us some more this weekend so I will have more for you at homecoming!
Annie,
Thanks sooooo much for the video clips... you know how often I repeat them! Yikes only 11 days until we get to see that sweet pea in person!
Post a Comment