Oliver fell asleep first, as usual, and Brooke worried about not being able to fall asleep. As soon as we told her that she could stay up all night if she'd like, she was sleeping. I drove six hours and swapped driving with Kent. A few hours later Brooke woke up car sick. After a few more sick moments, we decided to find the nearest place to buy some Dramamine which was Walmart in Mountain Home, Idaho. We felt very odd and totally out of place to walk into a Walmart at 5am with two kids!
After walking around and breathing in cold air, we gave Brooke 1/2 a pill and took off down the road just to have her get sick again! A few minutes later, Oliver joined in on the "fun". Kent and I looked at each other in disbelief as both of our kids were throwing up at the same time, and pulled into the nearest truck stop. In the freezing 30* weather, pitch black gravel parking lot I found yet another set of clothes for Brooke and a new set for Oliver. Plus a Dramamine mixture for both of them. The kids got to watch an episode of Doc McStuffins while Kent and I rested for twenty minutes and waited for the medicine to do it's magic. We took our chances, turned of the show and headed down the highway with success! Kids took a two hour nap and we got to enjoy the beautiful sunrise and interesting high elevation scenery of Southern Idaho and Nevada.
We arrived at Salt Lake City and found an IHOP for breakfast. Oliver told me he needed another pair of pants. What?! I just changed them! To add more bodily fluids to the list, we discovered that he had an accident in his car seat! Somehow, I kept my cool and actually giggled a little about the whole thing. What an adventure!
It's pretty amazing we were still smiling!
We saw this as soon as we entered Utah. At the same time a car passed us going about 100 miles/hour!
Kids got to watch Frozen in the car (once they were feeling better). What a treat! How can you not sing along?!
Ok, slightly embarrassing. I was in love with all the cows and their little baby calves. I just had to get a picture. I spotted what I thought was a Mama and her baby and quickly took a picture. THIS is what I found on my camera! I thought other's might enjoy the laugh with me!
Entering Salt Lake City.
got triplets?
Kent and I wish we could attend the Utah Symphony concert when they play Dvorak's New World Symphony.
What a unique city. I really enjoyed our drive through the streets of Salt Lake City.
Drive by photo of the temple.
We headed to a park to get a little exercise.
The kids are hanging out and Kent is napping in our hotel in Salt Lake. We are looking forward to only driving six hours tomorrow down to Las Vegas. The weather should be warm enough to enjoy our hotel's pool! Wish us luck!
No comments:
Post a Comment