Saturday, April 5, 2014

Lizard Preserve


I think I'll always think back on this vacation as a very special trip for Kent and the kids.  It was five years ago when Kent flew down to California to enjoy spring break with baby Brooke and me.  Since then, I have traveled by myself or with my sister when we could get cheap tickets.  Spring break is NOT a cheap time to fly, so that's why we chose to make it a road trip adventure.  I enjoyed watching Kent "make up" for the years that he has only Facetimed with us while we were down here.  He played with the kids in every opportunity.  I learned about how to remember to find new ways to play, challenge and enjoy the kids.  What an amazing dad these kids have!


We were all a bit sluggish this morning. But we at least wandered around a bit!  It's such an interesting place, with the palms, water, fish and everything that comes with an oasis.  One of my favorite places to visit.


At this point, Oliver had fallen on the wood bridge in front a group of hikers and got a little cut on his elbow.  Things were heading a little "South" so it was time to wrap it up!  Check out the water on the path behind us!  Yes, and that belly!  How could you miss it.  No more "sucking in'!  This is my 1/2 way picture (20 weeks).  Our baby boy is sure growing and kicking!


Isn't this just awesome!?  Love it!


A palm tree barrier makes for a fun hop, skip and jump... and fall again for Oliver.  Now it's REALLY time to go!


No comments: