Saturday, August 9, 2008

Is this really goodbye to the belly?

We woke up this morning to rain and wind. It reminded me of many mornings in my hometown of Petersburg, Alaska (but without the contractions). Now as the early afternoon approaches the rain soaked streets are being dried by warm sunshine. For the last 45 minutes I've been watching the contractions and they have been predictable. Every 8 minutes they arrive and last for about 40 seconds. I called the clinic and told my doctor that I was in labor. At this point I'm very relaxed and the pain is not bad. She told me to stay put if I feel comfortable. She said it would be good to go for a walk and drink liquids, so that's what I plan on doing.

Since this may be goodbye to the belly, I thought I'd show everyone in all it's pale skinned glory!