Number 2 ranked Cashmere played number 8 ranked Cascade in Wenatchee on Saturday. This was Brooke's first band trip! She traveled along with a few freshman boys in the school van with Kent and I. She was very flirty with the boy sitting next to her in the van... he almost blushed!
It never warmed up all day and the wind got going by the third quarter so we spent some of the game in the warm van. I thought Kent looked really sharp in his Norwegian sweater and hat from Scotland... but I'm partial to Scandinavians! :)
Above: the Cascade Kodiak crowd (lots of red).
Below: the Cashmere Bulldogs crowd (see the orange).
The rival bands came together at the end of the game to play for the crowd. I was so happy to see my past band students; and was a little embarrassed when they asked/forced me to conduct a song. I really don't want to step on the toes of the new band director; but I also miss seeing these students I spent four years with! I got so many hugs from my past students that I was almost in tears. It's too bad that you don't realize the effect you have on students' lives until you leave. This makes me realize that I want to teach middle school/high school again some day!
Cashmere ended up winning the game 31-7 so they are off to state semi-finals next weekend.
1 comment:
Yes, it is hard when the kids seem to like you so much better after you are gone! I sometimes think that it is an age thing. Or maybe even just a regular "human" thing. We don't realize how much we treasure someone/thing until we don't have it anymore.
Post a Comment