There has been so much going on... here's a little update and a look ahead. My next post will be from Sayulita, Mexico! Tomorrow Caitlin, Brooke and I are driving over to Seattle to meet our parents. Saturday morning we will be flying south on Delta. I have never been to Mexico and am getting really excited. I'm trying to pack smart... packing my bags and then getting rid of half of what I put in. So far, so good. The hardest part is not having Kent go with us. This will be the longest time and greatest distance we have been apart since we were married. Like I told Kent, I'm going to have to be adventurous without him! As we explain it to our commercial fisherman relatives, missing this week for Kent would be like going on a vacation in the middle of fishing season. Just can't happen.
Caitlin and I hosted the annual Epiphany party for the younger people (20-30's) at Grace Lutheran. Our friend John invited everyone, so we really didn't know how many people would show up. To our surprise people poured in! It's nice to know that Caitlin's tiny living room can seat 13+! One lady made the epiphany cake which had a surprise inside. Whoever had the piece of cake with the foil covered bean inside would get a prize! Kent was the lucky winner. To our dismay we found out that the prize was a bucket of John's favorite white elephant gifts... yipee! We all had good conversation, lots of laughs, and even played a game of Taboo. It was a good night!
Maisy had to get shaved... doesn't she look happy!?! She is really looking like a poodle now. I thought it was pretty funny how the groomer left her ears and tail long!
No comments:
Post a Comment