Monday, April 13, 2009

Happy 1st Easter!

Brooke was a very happy girl and sat wonderfully through church on her very first Easter!




Brooke wore her mother's first Easter dress! The dress is in perfect condition and such quality that I couldn't resist putting Brooke in it.


Here bunny, have a flower!


Our Easter day started off so wonderfully until I received a call from my father telling me that my mom had to have emergency surgery. By 10pm we got another call telling us that it was a successful surgery. I was so nervous today that I felt some of my mother's pain. My stomach was in knots, my hands were shaking, and I constantly prayed for the surgeons to use their skills to help my mom. It was gut-wrenching to hear the pain, uncertainty, nervousness in my mother's voice as I told her I loved her and would pray for her before the surgery. It was painful to hear the fear and love in my fathers tearful voice as he sat by my mother. Now we continue to pray for a less painful and quick recovery. The doctors will be watching closely for infection in the new few weeks, so I hope that there is no infection found. My mom is a very tough, healthy, beautiful woman that will fight hard through this obstacle!


No comments: