Sunday, April 5, 2009

The Tale of the Rascally Rabbit


We were all wondering how the story of the rascally rabbit would end. Everyday we would find out what flowers the bunny had decided to eat for breakfast, lunch and dinner. How could such a sweet little thing be so hungry? And what good taste did that bunny have!
One afternoon I thought I saw the bunny run to the side of the house, so we went to investigate. As my mom cleared some brush I thought I saw it run by me so I screamed really loud! We looked around and saw nothing. My mom told me that it must have been a leaf. Boy, what a fast gray leaf!



Later she happened to tidy up her small woodpile and a spotted a cowering rabbit hidden amongst the wood. From inside I heard yelling. "John!" No one answered. Finally mom convinced me to wake up Kent from his nap on the couch and get the leather gloves. He grabbed the little rabbit like a pro.

Kent fired up the grill and we had a great rabbit and asparagus dinner.

April Fools! We let little fluffy go. Who knows where he's living now, but it sure won't be my mom's garden!

We actually had a wonderful flank steak dinner with fresh fruit salad and some $2 wine from Trader Joe's. What a fun day!

No comments: