
We had our ultrasound today that confirmed the sex of our second child! To much surprise of the women and the "I knew it all along" attitude from the men in the family we found out that we are having a boy! He weighs 8 oz and was actually given an earlier due date of May 10th. The woman giving the ultrasound could not stop talking about how perfect his heart looked. She said that it could be in a textbook for a model heart. That's great news! He was curled up bending completely over with hands and feet together but moved all over during the 45 minute ultrasound. She measured all his bone lengths and took photos of all the different body parts to send off to the doctor's to review. She had the hardest time getting the perfect head photos so at one point I had to walk around the office and she even had me tilted upside down in the bed! It finally worked and she was happy with the photos.
We caught him sucking his thumb (head on the right with hand above)! So far this pregnancy has been such a beautiful calm experience. I can't stop and feel so blessed with this perfect gift from God. The ultrasound during this pregnancy was such a wonderful glimpse to the future. I forgot how absolutely incredible it is to see your child up on that monitor and watch him kick, squirm, and even move his mouth. It was the perfect thing to end a tough week!
2 comments:
I'm so happy he's very healthy already!! I've had heart scares with BOTH pregnancies! Payton had an arrhythmia that, once discovered at 26 weeks gestation, was gone 2 days later (and has stayed gone). This baby had heart decelerations at my 20 week ultrasound, which prompted another ultrasound 2 weeks later and there was only one "episode" that time over the many "episodes" the time before! Things are great now (as far as they can tell...) God is definitely good!! :)
How wonderful and thrilling! What a darling! And a boy! We like boys! :)
Post a Comment