Brooke is twenty-six months old and changing everyday. She seems to go from weeks of learning physical things like jumping off of things and dancing to weeks of incredible change in her sentance structure and vocabulary. Watching a toddler learn and grow is so fascitinating and FUN.
This month she has been concentrating on saying complete sentences (I can just watch those little wheels turning!). She figured out the words: "I need a" and has been using it a lot. It started off as "I need a swing" when she wanted to swing at the playground, but lately it has been used for everything under the sun. For instance, at lunch she said, "I need a carrot, please, Mama". I'm excited for her!
This month she has been concentrating on saying complete sentences (I can just watch those little wheels turning!). She figured out the words: "I need a" and has been using it a lot. It started off as "I need a swing" when she wanted to swing at the playground, but lately it has been used for everything under the sun. For instance, at lunch she said, "I need a carrot, please, Mama". I'm excited for her!
Another very enjoyable development is her sense of humor. She loves to laugh about silly things, especially her brother. When he chews on things she thinks he is the funniest thing ever. When I tell Oliver, "What are you doing Oliver? Don't chew on my shoe!" she breaks into laughter!
Here's a little story from tonight that Kent and I had to laugh about. Brooke was playing on the bed and bumped her head. Started to cry and hugged Daddy and Mommy. In her sobbing voice she asked to see animal pictures. Don't you ask to see animal pictures to make you feel better? So over to the computer to see some animals.
We looked at monkeys, chickens and geese. Then we google "meerkats". She spots a photo she just had to see closer: a meerkat using a camera. She runs to get her camera (a musical tuner) and laughs and laughs at the photo on the computer screen.
My favorite quote from the video was Brooke asking Kent, "Kind [of] pictures you like, Daddy?" He didn't hear it but it was pretty cool that she asked him a question! He felt bad later when he realized he didn't hear her. That's why we have video cameras, I guess!
So now the new joke around our house is, "meerkat taking pictures!". (I guess you had to be there!)
So now the new joke around our house is, "meerkat taking pictures!". (I guess you had to be there!)

No comments:
Post a Comment