The Living Desert Zoo is a must see if you have kids and are visiting the Palm Springs area. The $15 admission fee is well worth it! We went on a Monday morning and the place hardly had anyone there! No fighting hoards of people and baby strollers like in the Washington D.C. or Seattle zoos that we have visited recently. Plus we could ride a camel! It was awesome! I just wish the ride was twice as long... I guess I'll have to go to Egypt for that.
The volunteers at the zoo are very helpful and knowledgeable. I learned so much about the giraffes and we even got a chance to feed them.
Brooke's favorite part of the zoo was the petting zoo where she patted and brushed every single goat. One headbutted her in the leg at the end, so we decided we had enough of that!
This baby giraffe was really fun to watch. One of the volunteers was explaining to me that while the adult giraffes were being fed, he was upset that the ostrich was getting into the giraffe food. I guess he's not old enough to scare the ostrich so it was pretty fun to watch his reaction.
No comments:
Post a Comment