Sunday, October 26, 2008

University of Idaho Homecoming


This weekend we made the four hour drive over to Moscow, Idaho for homecoming celebrations at the University of Idaho. Even though our time there is so short it is so much fun to visit friends, former students, and the campus during this gorgeous time of year.




Friday night included a rehearsal with the alumni band and as Brooke and I enjoyed a quiet evening at the hotel, Kent was off to see the bonfire and fireworks up at the Kibbie Dome. Saturday morning we had a great breakfast at the university followed by a parade down Moscow's main street. This is one of my favorite parades because it is so low-key with small bands, college students' attempts at floats, livestock and buckets of candy thrown out at the crowd.






Idaho is trying everything to get some Obama votes!!! Ever heard of an Obama Llama?!?



The cheer leading/gymnastics float was quite scary to watch... there's nothing like young girls twirling their bodies in the air on a moving vehicle. I'm sure it was "safe" but I'm not sure I'd be letting Brooke do this in 8 years!




The Idaho Marching Band entertaining the crowds as the march down the street.





From left to right: Ryan Coles, Bob Wicks (and 6 month old Etta!), Kent Chalmers and Chris Beery. Seeing all our trumpet playing friends really brought back memories!





Brooke's first college football game!






Elementary through high school students from the area joined the Vandal Marching Band for the pregame entertainment.




The trumpet and mellophone section playing a soli during the halftime show.




Kent and I left after halftime, which was good because Brooke decided she didn't want to be in the car seat. We probably stopped 5 times, which didn't include our frappachino fix at Starbucks in Moses Lake! Finally near Quincy she fell asleep and stayed asleep until we got home. It must have been all the loud noise and busy day, she slept the longest night ever, drum roll please... 8 1/2 hours! The longest ever was 6 1/2 hours, so I'm really not complaining.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great homecoming pictures! My son played violin with the junior high in the parade. I've been looking for a shot of that Obama Llama. Would you be willing to let me post a copy of your llama picture on my blog? I'd be happy to give you credit, of course.

Thanks, Laurie

Kent and Annie said...

Thanks! Yes, you may use the photo, thanks for asking. :)

Anonymous said...

You're welcome! You have a beautiful blog design, by the way.