Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Another Day in Cashmere

Caitlin is a very good pianist... she discovered a few of her piano books from high school and gave us a wonderful concert. Come any time Caitlin! Brooke sat pretty quietly and listened to the beautiful music.

Today Caitlin and I went on a walk to visit Kent at school. On the way to the high school I snapped this photo of the brand new middle school. I am teaching one class at Cashmere Middle School which meets every other day for 50 minutes. Auntie Caitlin has been so generous to help out and watch Brooke for about 2 hours when I work. It's soooo nice to have her live down the street from us; I appreciate her being so willing to help! Caitlin enjoys having that "Auntie" time and I love getting a chance to teach a few times a week.

This is where you find Kent during his lunch break. It's never a lunch break for him because he is always helping students in some way. He often forgets his lunch in the microwave because he is so busy. Hopefully by seeing his little girl he got a few seconds to relax today! It's a busy week for Cashmere High School. It's homecoming week so there are big activities every day. Today is college sports day (I believe), so that is why he is wearing his University of Idaho tshirt (he always wears nice shirts to work!). Kent's jazz band is traveling to New Orleans later this year, so he has a big spaghetti feed fundraiser tonight.


The dogs wait patiently for us, tied up to the music trailer!

No comments: