Monday, April 13, 2009

We Love Books!


We received two great Easter gifts from both sets of Brooke's grandparents! They must know how much we like books around here and how important they are for little girls to read. Each book had a different feature that Brooke enjoys. One book has great textures to feel, one has flaps that fold out and one plays music! We will definitely be enjoying these way longer than just on Easter.



Yippee! Clap for books! Brooke loves to clap. At the end of the Easter service the choir sings Handel's "Alleluia Chorus" and then everyone claps. This was the first moment where I was certain that she was clapping because she joined everyone in the round of applause!



What's that sound!?! Brooke enjoys hearing me sing "Here Comes Peter Cottontail"... at least I imagine she does!


She's the cutest bunny I've seen this Easter!

2 comments:

Emily, Bob, Etta & Mae said...

Etta's favorite part of reading books is shutting them. We have been reading to her since she was brand new, but her open-and-close fascination so far has outweighed anything else. Although today before her nap she was pretty tired so I was able to read three short books.

Kent and Annie said...

That's pretty funny! I'm sure it could be a little frustrating at times. Brooke doesn't seem to have the same fascination with opening and closing, but she'll chew on those books forever! Actually we found a part of a barcode in her diaper... possibly book related! :) Three books is the limit for Brooke too.