Thursday, April 29, 2010

Introducing...

Oliver Lee Norgaard Chalmers!

Born: April 28th, 2010; 10:06pm
7lb, 19 1/2 inches


I'll write up the birth story sometime today when it's fresh in my memory. It was quite the day and night! Almost identical to Brooke's birth almost two years ago.


Kent holding his son for the very first time. He doesn't have the deer in the headlights look this time!



What a perfect little baby!





Here we are, after a little cleaning up (well, at least Oliver!)





Laurie, our wonderful midwife performed all the newborn screenings. Oliver performed very well and got to go home with us about 3 1/2 hours after he was born. He's such a calm baby! Very good at self-soothing, just give him his hand/fingers and he'll calm right down. Perfect latch right away, so nursing is going well. Not much sleep last night, but it's all so exciting it's hard to sleep for very long. I'm planning on resting for the next few days, so I'm sure I'll catch up. Wow, what an experience!

2 comments:

Jason, Sarah, Tristan, Wade, and Owen said...

We are so happy for you! Baby boys are so precious!!! I love his name! Congratulations!

Lindsi, Erik, Payton and Madelyn said...

HOORAY! What a handsome (can I say beautiful??) little guy! Great job Annie :) Hope you get some rest. Can't wait for more updates!