Friday, April 2, 2010

Mini Vacation

Koho Radio had a mini vacation package that we purchased. One night stay at the Montvale Hotel in downtown Spokane, dinner at their Catacomb's Pub, and ski pass at Mt. Spokane. We added another night to make our time in Spokane a little less rushed. The weather was a little wet so we didn't get to enjoy the outdoors, but we did relax in the hotel and do some shopping.



When Kent went skiing, Brooke and I went to the Northtown Mall. We took the city bus from downtown and it dropped us off right in front. Barnes and Noble was the only thing open at 9:30am so Brooke played with the train set and we looked at books for a half and hour.





The play area was so much fun for her. She must have gone down the slide thirty times. There were so many kids there at first that I followed her around a bit. Once it cleared out a little, I let her go. It's so hard to let her climb those stairs and go flying down that slide all by herself! I think it's a good thing for both of us... independence for her and letting go of a bit of control for me.



With no nap the day before and all that running around, I was able to rock her to sleep in the busy loud mall and lay her down in the stroller. I got to sit on the bench and do a little knitting while she napped. What a fun day!

1 comment:

Emily, Bob, Etta & Mae said...

Wish we could have met you in the mall in Spokane. Had a fun trip to DC though. Are heading back west tomorrow. Updates on the blog coming soon. (Well, next week...)