I've reached 37 weeks in my pregnancy today. Thankfully, my week of heartburn and feeling like the baby was high enough to be in my throat has all changed. I'm feeling happy and more content than I have been my whole pregnancy (despite waking up every 2-3 hours in need of the bathroom). I feel like this baby will be early, but maybe it's just hopeful thinking. I have a little anxiety for labor because I know the pain involved. I know I can do it, but that doesn't make things easier. Kent and I both talk about how excited we are to meet our little boy. Now that we have a daughter, for some reason the birth will mean so much more to us. The first time you are experiencing "shock and awe", the second time you want to soak up every moment because you know the moment will only last so long.
I've been thinking about Brooke and all her changes in the last few months. I need to be more vigilant in recording those funny things she is starting to say and do.
A few things I want to remember are:
1) Brooke at a garage sale yesterday broke into "The Farmer In the Dell" at the top of her lungs.
2) New phrases are coming up each day. "Daddy's toothbrush" "Mommy's hand" She has always been interested in who owns what. I wonder if this eventually turns into the "MINE!!!" of the 2's!
3) "Dura" is her favorite of all time (Dora the Explorer). As I type this, she brought in a dress that has Dora on it and said, "Cute!" I wonder who she learned that one from!?
4) She loves "Baw-nee" (Barney, the purple dinosaur). She loves to sing the "Baw-nee song" which is the favorite "I Love You" song. It always makes me laugh when she sings it because her version is, "I love me! I love me!" instead of "I love you, you love me!"
2 comments:
Very nice thoughts. Really puts things in perspective. So much fun!!
Gosh our little girl is growing up soo fast! I'm glad you keep recording her progress as it will be fun for her to read someday. Now that she is going to have a brother to deal with there should be some good ones!
Post a Comment